Changes to the European Directive 2002/58/EC have been introduced in 2009 . The directive regulates the way that websites allow visitors to manage their privacy. This directive amended privacy legislation designed to increase consumer protection.
We have prepared this page to provide you with all the information and links to tools that will enable you to manage your privacy throughout your visit to this website.
- remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page
- remembering information you’ve given (e.g. your postcode) so you don’t need to keep entering it
- analysing how you use the website to improve the way it works for you, to make sure that you find what you’re looking for easily, and to ensure it meets your needs.
- monitoring the efficiency of our advertising
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use, and the purposes for which we use them, below:
2.1 Measuring website usage (Google Analytics)
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how people use this site. We do this to make sure it is meeting its users’ needs and to understand how we could do things better.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. We do not collect or store yourname or address so this information cannot be used to identify who you are. We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
The following cookies are set by Google Analytics:
|_utma||Randomly generated number||2 years|
|_utmb||Randomly generated number||30 minutes|
|_utmc||Randomly generated number||When you close your browser|
|_utmx||Randomly generated number||2 years|
2.2 Storing your preferences
|SESS||Randomly generated number||1 month|
2.3 Enabling a better experience
|Has_js||Randomly generated number||When you close your browser|
2.4 Giving you a mobile experience
|Randomly generated number||When you close your browser|
3. Making our advertising more relevant to you
- Gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you on other sites
- Remember your preferences or anything that could identify you, such as a username or personal details you may provide
- Target adverts to you on any other website
|ID||Number generated by Doubleclick.com||30 days|
3.2 Targeting Cookies
- We use ‘targeting cookies’ to link to social networks that may subsequently use information about your visit to target advertising to you on other websites.
- We provide advertising networks we use with information on your visit so that you can be presented with adverts you may be interested in, based on your browsing behaviour.
- Doubleclick.net, the Google display network cookie that helps deliver relevant ads to you, expires in 24 months.
- _drt_, the cookie that is used by social networks to track likes and deliver relevant ads, expires in 24 months.
- Help identify you the next time you visit our site so that, for example, you wont have to re-fill in forms with your details
- Help identify you if you respond to an email from us
- Understand your interest in our website so we can serve you better
|Munchkin Cookie||Page Visits, Link Clicks, Referrer,
IP Address, Cookie ID
|Do not expire|
Turn off anonymous Google Analytics cookies: You can install a Google Analytics browser "plug in" to prevent the website sending information about your visit to Google Analytics. More information about this can be found below.
The IAB has provided the following website to give information specifically about privacy issues around Internet advertising:
For further legal information about privacy issues, you may find these links useful: